Leven Car Company is responsible for the contents of this website. Whilst we endeavour to ensure the information is up to date and accurate, we cannot accept responsibility for your reliance on any information on this website.
Leven Car Company will hold and process any personal information which you provide via this website in order to facilitate and enhance the services which we provide. Should you wish to learn more about how your information will be used, please contact us by writing to Bankhead Drive, Edinburgh, EH11 4DJ, Scotland. Alternatively, you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leven Cars Group Limited is a company registered in Scotland – Reg. Company Number: 468400
Leven Cars Group Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Leven Cars Group Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- ‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, most common data being name, address, email, telephone number or IP address.
- We may collect, store and process the following types of personal data relating to you through our website, online enquiry forms, by telephone, email or in person in our branches.
- Information that you provide to us if enquiring about purchasing goods or services from us, including name, address, telephone number, email address and IP address.
- Information that you provide to us in order to purchase goods or services from us including date of birth, finance details, photographic proof of identity, and proof of income.
- CCTV information for security purposes at our branches.
- Information that we are legally bound to provide to 3rd parties including driving licence details.
Why We Need this Information
Personal data we collect from you will be used for the purposes it was provided, including the following:
- In order for you to form a legally binding contract with us.
- In order that we can propose and secure a finance agreement for you if required.
- In order for us to verify your identity.
- To contact you in the event of any vehicle safety recalls.
- To contact you for non-marketing purposes which we consider to be for legitimate interest reasons including MOT reminders, service reminders and customer service surveys.
- To inform you about relevant products and offers. We will collect information from you including how you would like us to contact you and use your information to contact you about products, services and offers which we think may be suitable for you.
Should you wish to be removed from our marketing database or advise us of an amendment to your marketing preferences you can do so by emailing email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Security of Personal Data
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. The Leven Car Company website uses a security system that protects your information from unauthorised use.
As a result of Leven Car Company processing your personal data you have a number of individual rights:
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request – Upon receipt of such a request, we will, after confirming identity provide all relevant data we may hold to you, in the most practical format and as soon as possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us to correct any inaccuracies in that personal data which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to no longer process your personal data for marketing or any other purposes, which we will do as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to destroy some/all of your personal data which we will do as quickly as possible. (The Right to be Forgotten)
- You may in certain circumstances request that your data is transferred to another service provider. (The right to Data Portability)
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Within this website cookies are used to facilitate features and functions which improve your browsing experience. They are also used to measure the performance of the site and the ways in which visitors navigate their way around. No personally identifiable information is collected by the cookies on our sites.
The below information details the cookies we use, how to prevent these being written and the impact of doing so on your browsing experience.
Disabling/Enabling all cookies
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you will not be able to use all the interactive features of the site if cookies are disabled.
Most recent web browsers allow control over the cookies saved through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
More information about cookies
There are four main types of cookies used by websites. These categories are described below, based on the information published in the International Chamber of Commerce Cookie Guide;
Strictly Necessary Cookies – Enable services you have specifically asked for
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Performance Cookies – Collect anonymous information on the pages visited
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Functionality Cookies – Remember choices you make to improve your experience
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting/Advertising Cookies – Collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
If you'd like to update your preferences, please click here
If you have any cause for complaint any enquiry can be raised by either email, in writing or by telephoning The Compliance Officer, ITC Compliance Limited, Monarch Court, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7FH, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0845 177 22 66. Should you remain dissatisfied you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your case. You should write to the Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR. Telephone 0800 023 4 567. Details of ITC Compliance Limited's authorisation can be confirmed by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234 or by visiting the FCA's website http://www.fca.org.uk.